Philosophy of care
- Create a 1:1 partnership with you through compassionate and supportive listening.
- Use a whole systems approach to health and wellness, acknowledging vibrant health is multifaceted.
- Artfully blend the story of your experience, my observations, and the science of evidence-based practices.
- Empower you through education on your condition and self-care techniques.
- Create a fun and exploratory environment for wellness and healing.
My path to Here:
My path began in athletics, wondering what the limits to human performance were, followed by a degree in Exercise Science tailoring individualized exercise programs for clients' performance and wellness goals.
Recognizing that I wanted to help those clients in much more depth and breadth, I returned to a three-year graduate program to become a licensed physical therapist. I gained experience in areas such as: neuro rehabilitation (head/spinal cord injuries and strokes), skilled nursing care, and home health care, including problem-solving in a person's home environment, exploring measures needed to ultimately remain in-home. This allowed me to gain a depper understanding of reaching full potential after profound illness, injury, or surgery.
Orthopedics is where I have the bulk of my experience, safely progressing clients following surgical repairs, joint implants, and all manner of athletic, home, work, and garden injuries. In 2002, my spouse and I sought to create an environment that embodied our values of service, collaboration, and respect for people and planet. We started Central Physical Therapy and Fitness on Seattle's Capitol Hill.
Seeing this vision come to fruition was a dream come true. We had the privilege of collaborating with some of Seattle's most dedicated physicians and physical therapy colleagues. After 17 years running our private practice, and experiencing a rapidly consolidating healthcare and insurance industry, we decided to simplify our lives. Sanctuary for the Physical Arts is our reinvention in Port Townsend, a community aligns with our core values.
Loving Here is why I'm not there!
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, Arizona State University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, Pacific University
- Washington State Physical Therapy License
- Advanced educational coursework annually
- CPR certified
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Physical Therapy Association of Washington (APTA WA)
- Physicians for a National Health Program, (PNHP)
- Friends of Fort Worden
I am passionate about the environmental and social web that connects us, social justice, bicycle commuting, organic gardening, progressive independent media, the Arts, books, old timey conversation, letter writing, flying kites, cloud watching and other species - not necessarily in that order!